Check this list and make sure YOU are NOT doing these things. It seems like the easiest ways to get off track are also the easiest things to fix.
- Not playing close enough to the fret
- Holding the pick wrong
- Strumming the guitar too hard
- Playing the wrong (more difficult) chord shapes.
- Forming bad habits.
- Playing with too much tension (hands and mind)
- Neglect to choose a good mentor/teacher
- Not enough practice time
- Never learning the easy strumming patterns
- Not changing strings often enough (at least every 3 months)
Need to go further, check out my complete program for worship guitar. I help you overcome all of these early problems and start playing and singing your favorite songs.