A NEW APPROACH TO GUITAR
What I keep seeing over and over again is that most people fail because they don’t have the right roadmap for success. I have created the perfect roadmap and it’s my goal to help you learn and become confident playing your instrument for the Glory of God!
I hear what you are saying “I don’t want this to take forever” The great news is it won’t take years to get you there. I can have you playing How Great is Our God with the most popular 4 chord patterns in just 30 days! Beyond the first 30 days, I will help you solidify your skills and be able to play any of the hundreds of songs in my popular Play and Sing Songbook Series.
For it is not your strength, but it is God who is effectively at work in you, bot to will and to work… that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and ability to fulfill your purpose for His good pleasure Philippians 2:13
WHERE TO START:
If you are a complete beginner, you should start with one of these easy popular courses.
Both of these courses cover the same thing but the Bible study version includes a weekly Bible study session and takes 6 weeks! It goes a little slower than the 30 day challenge. They are both great! Once you complete your first 4-6 weeks, you will know 4 chords, a strumming pattern and you will have played a full song!
Next, let’s use your 4 chords to play songs so you can build confidence.
When you can play a handful of songs, we can move along and learn some more chords and patterns.
- Guitar Course 1 – The first part of this course is a review of the 30 day challenge and will add a few more chords and strumming patterns to your knowledge. You will learn easy versions of the A, Bm and F#m. You will have all 8 chords down to play many songs.
- Gold Sessions Level 2 – Let’s play more songs! These level 2 songs can be played with one or two simple patterns and a few chords with lots of repetition. I may add in a special technique in the end but you can sound great pretty easy.
When you feel comfortable with your guitar and feel like you are getting a slightly bored playing and strumming the same patterns… it’s time to level up!
- Guitar 2 Next Level – In this Next Level course, you will learn some of my favorite techniques to take your playing up a notch. Syncopation, palm muting, slash chords, suspensions, and finger picking patterns!
Now that you have some strong skills, play some of your favorite songs from GOLD sessions level 3 and 4.
- GOLD Sessions Level 3 – Use easy chords to play the songs but add special touches to make them sound really cool. I may add some picking or suspensions in to these songs. This level is a great level to make the transition from just strummy-strum to more riffs and cool sounds and intros… we start adding some sparkle!
- GOLD Sessions Level 4 – Start adding some really cool stuff to your songs including strumming and syncopation that may challenge your strumming hand and could have a picking pattern or easy riff.
- GOLD Sessions Level 5 – Focus: This is the hardest level and the songs contain syncopation, picking and even a cool riff to learn along with the song. Strap on the seat belt!
Start moving up the neck with these two courses that will help you learn to play up the neck, memorize the fretboard and play those pesky moveable barre chords. I’m going to simplify the moveable forms and make it like a walk in the park
Other song sessions to learn along the way:
JOIN ALL ACCESS
All access to the WTK core courses.