Welcome to WorshiptheKing! First, if you haven’t signed up for the all access membership where you get every course, download, podcast, chart, and one-on-one help through live webinars and replays, Click here to join!
Once you are enrolled, you will see “enrolled” next to every course on the platform. You can start any course any time and move along at your own pace. To ensure you have the most success, I have created this page so you can find the best starting point. You can manager your account, add team members, and get all your downloads and links in the member dashboard.
GUITAR PLAYERS START HERE:
If you are a complete beginner, you can start with one of these courses.
Both of these courses cover the same thing but the Bible study version includes a weekly Bible study session and takes 6 weeks! It goes a little slower than the 30 day challenge. They are both great! Once you complete your first 4-6 weeks, you will know 4 chords, a strumming pattern and you will have played a full song!
Next, let’s use your 4 chords to play songs so you can build confidence.
When you can play a handful of songs, we can move along and learn some more chords and patterns.
- Guitar Course 1 – The first part of this course is a review of the 30 day challenge and will add a few more chords and strumming patterns to your knowledge. You will learn easy versions of the A, Bm and F#m. You will have all 8 chords down to play many songs.
- Gold Sessions Level 2 – Let’s play more songs! These level 2 songs can be played with one or two simple patterns and a few chords with lots of repetition. I may add in a special technique in the end but you can sound great pretty easy.
When you feel comfortable with your guitar and feel like you are getting a slightly bored playing and strumming the same patterns… it’s time to level up!
- Guitar 2 Next Level – In this Next Level course, you will learn some of my favorite techniques to take your playing up a notch. Syncopation, palm muting, slash chords, suspensions, and finger picking patterns!
Now that you have some strong skills, play some of your favorite songs from GOLD sessions level 3 and 4.
- GOLD Sessions Level 3 – Use easy chords to play the songs but add special touches to make them sound really cool. I may add some picking or suspensions in to these songs. This level is a great level to make the transition from just strummy-strum to more riffs and cool sounds and intros… we start adding some sparkle!
- GOLD Sessions Level 4 – Start adding some really cool stuff to your songs including strumming and syncopation that may challenge your strumming hand and could have a picking pattern or easy riff.
- GOLD Sessions Level 5 – Focus: This is the hardest level and the songs contain syncopation, picking and even a cool riff to learn along with the song. Strap on the seat belt!
Start moving up the neck with these two courses that will help you learn to play up the neck, memorize the fretboard and play those pesky moveable barre chords. I’m going to simplify the moveable forms and make it like a walk in the park
Other song sessions to learn along the way:
ELECTRIC GUITAR PLAYERS START HERE
Want to plug in, crank it up, and play some electric guitar? Me too! Before you start the electric guitar course, you should know your open chords and be able to play some songs. I would say, at least complete Guitar 1, and Guitar 2 before you move to this Essential Beginner Electric Guitar course. Then study the electric guitar courses in this order:
Electric Guitar Track
- Essential Beginner Electric Guitar
- Private Lessons Session: Moveable Chords
- Guitar Confidence: Fretboard Memory
DRUMMERS START HERE
Brent and I will teach you how to play the basic drum beats and fills need to start playing on your worship team. Let’s get drumming! Take the drum courses in this order:
- Drum Foundations – Beats
- Drum Foundations: Intro to Drum Fills
- Foundation Focus Drums
- 10X Your Drum Ability
To practice your drums, you can use the Bass Progression Sessions. They will help you play basic beats to progressions. Grab some good isolating headphones and play along
BASS GUITAR PLAYERS START HERE
If you can play Bass, you will always have a gig! Every band needs a bass player. Even if you are learning guitar, you should consider taking these foundational bass courses. The notes on the neck are the same as the guitar! Take the bass courses in this order:
PIANO PLAYERS START HERE
I show you quickly how to form and switch between the best chord shapes used in Christian and popular music. I will help you learn the easy way to count and how to make the piano sound amazing with simple patterns…. without reading music! I’ll show you how the pros read charts and play riffs on the piano so you can get in the band soon!
- Piano 1 / By Chord and Ear – Learn your major and minor chords in the key of C and start putting them together to play songs using new skills to play melodies and songs by ear.
- My Music Theory Course – Learn the basics of how music theory works
- Piano Strumming Method – In this courses, you will use your basic chords and begin to put rhythm and patterns to the songs.
- 10 Song Catapult Piano – Play 10 songs with simple chords and patterns and gain the confidence you need to join the band and play from simple chord charts.
- Piano NEXT LEVEL – Put it all together and continue to play songs and get better
- Christmas Piano Songs
VOCALISTS START HERE
Learn the foundations of sining in a worship band and learn how to warm up your voice quickly before each service and rehearsal. You will also learn how to identify your range so you can start sining in your best range… sound your best… and gain confidence.
TECH TEAMS START HERE
This is an ongoing conversation through master classes as well as special access to my print, video, and audio training sessions. The main focus is audio and mixing for the worship experience including the livestream audio mix. You will follow me and my team at The Church at Spring Hill through our journey to create an amazing live production and livestream using affordable tools.
Need help? Please don’t hesitate to contact me today.