DOWNLOAD – Posture and Form Guide – mwgl-lesson3-download
Start in a chair or a stool without arm rests.
- Hold the guitar on your right leg.
- With your right hand, reach around the guitar and place your open hand over the sound hole or the pickups.
- With your left hand, reach up and grab the neck around the 3rd fret. Thumb over the neck, other fingers under.
- Now, slightly push the neck of the guitar out away from your body.
- Make sure your left elbow is hanging out away from your body and your forearm is parallel to the ground.
Do not push your left elbow into your side. Keep it hanging out there.
You want a slight angle on the face of the guitar so that you can see the strings and the frets when you look down.
The neck should have a slight angle out from your body so that your hand and left arm are not too close to your body.